Shankill Parish Church Lurgan
Some information about the project.
Shankill Parish Church, Lurgan was built from 1720 – 1725. On 8th August 1725 the building was consecrated by Ralph Lambert, Bishop of Dromore.
Description of works
Works to the church involved extensive repointing and cleaning to the tower area. A section of the church spire was dismantled and rebuilt with new carved sandstone to match original. Extensive works were also undertaken to the window and door elements were deteriorated. Had accoured all works were kept in keeping with the historic fabric of the church.
- Architect : DSC Architects (Simon McCormack)
- Client : Church of Ireland