Latest news

St Mary's Church Lavey

Clarke Restoration are delighted to have being awarded as the specialist stone contactor to carry out the restoration works at St Mary's Church Lavey , St Mary's ( Gothic Revival Style Church ) was built in the year 1873 by Dr Francis Kelly and dedicated to our Lady Of Mercy. Clarke Restoration will commence there works on the existing Church which will include , Stone repair / replacement , repointing works & specialist cleaning works so as not to damage any part of this listed Church. As part of the restoration works a new extension is to be built on the Church with close attention been paid to the stone so as to closely match the original stone that was used in the building of original Church , the most interigate part of this will be the new door enterance as this will involve a lot of detailed carving , also part of these works are new windows , small doorway , rear porch which are all being built in natural stone.
Main Contractor : Woodvale Construction
Architect : Mullarkey Pederson Architects

read more

Killeavy Castle, Co. Armagh

Historic Walls, Armagh City

Clarke Restoration are pleased to announce being appointed as the restoration contractor to carry out restoration works to the Historic walls in Armagh city. The walls are located in the grounds of the Palace Demesne & Armagh Rugby Club and are Grade B listed. The walls formed part of the old Franciscan Friary which was founded by Archbishop Patrick Scannail in 1263 - 64 . Works will consist of part demolition of stone & brick sections of the wall , which will then be rebuilt using existing materials along with salavaged stone & brick to match original , extensive Lime repointing will be carried out on the walls also individual brick & stone replacement to be carried out in isolated areas along thevwall.It's estimated restoration work will take 5 - 6 months to completed.
Main Contractor : Moss Construction Ltd.
Architect : Kriterian Conservation Architects

read more

Killeavy Castle, Co. Armagh

Killeavy Castle, Co. Armagh

Clarke Restoration are delighted to have being appointed as the specialist Masonry Contractor to carry out the Restoration Works at the Grade A listed Killeavy Castle Co Armagh. The Gothic style Castle was built in the year 1837 by renowned Dublin Architect George Papworth. Clarke Restorations works will be in two phases, the first will be extensive stone works to the Castle followed by restoration works to the Grade B+ listed Coach House & Mill. On full completion the Castle, Coach House & Mill will form part of a 4 star luxury hotel and wellness centre.
Main Contractor : Abergeldie Infrastructure.
Conservation Surveyor : Chris McCollum.

read more

Grand Opera House

Grand Opera House, Belfast

Clarke Restoration has now completed its specialist masonry restoration works at The Grand Opera House Belfast.

Works to include:
1. Complete cleaning of all paint works from the outer fabric of the building using our Doff & Torc cleaning systems.
2. Repointing of sections of brick and stone works throughout the building.
3. Concrete Repairs to sections of the building.
4. Cut out and replace bricks through out the building.

The Grand Opera House is a grade "A" listed building and was the first building to be listed in Northern Ireland. It was opened in 1895 and was designed by the most prolific theatre Architect of the period Frank Macham, according to the theatre trust the magnificent auditorium is probably the best surviving example in the UK of the oriental style applied to theatre architecture.

Main Contractor : PO Reilly LTD.
Architects : Consarc Conservation.

read more
St Mary's University College Belfast

St Mary's University College Belfast

Clarke Restoration have been awarded the Specialised cleaning of the St Mary's University College Belfast.

Works to include:
1. Complete Steam Cleaning ( Doff System ) to all areas of the University.
2. Stone replacement to hood mould stones at the Windows.

St Mary's training Collage was opened in 1900 and was first used for the teaching of women teachers. The new collage renamed St Mary's University Collage came into existence in September December 1985.

Main Contractor : Derrylackey Construction
Architect : Donnelly & O'Neill

read more